IN FAT STUDIES:
COMING SPRING 2020
STANDPOINT THEORY IN FAT STUDIES
A SPECIAL ISSUE OF FAT STUDIES: AN INTERDISCIPLINARY JOURNAL OF BODY WEIGHT AND SOCIETY
EDITED BY LAURIE COOPER STOLL, PH.D., AND DARCI THOUNE, PH.D.
Our special issue on Standpoint Theory in Fat Studies includes the following articles:
1. "Elevating the Voices and Research of Fat Scholars and Activists: Standpoint Theory in Fat Studies"
Laurie Cooper Stoll and Darci L. Thoune
2. "The Paradoxes of Positionality: Avoiding, Embracing, or Resisting Feminist Accountability"
Georgiann Davis and Trisha Khonach
3. "Thick Bodies, Thick Skins: Reflections on Two Decades of Sociology in Fat Studies"
Natalie Ingraham and Natalie Boero
4. "Where Do I Fit? A 'Check-Up' on the Role of the Fat Researcher in Health Care Spaces"
5. "The Lumps and Bumps of Aesthetic Labor: Rethinking Fat Talk in Plus-Size Retail"
6. "Epistemic Labor and the Power in (Fat Identity): Three Fat Archetypes as Experienced in the Local Bar, the
Streets, and Other Public Places."
Lacey J. Davidson and Melissa Gruver
7. "Bodies on Screen: Merging Fat Activism with Feminist Documentary Filmmaking"
8. "Ray of Light: Standpoint Theory, Fat Studies, and a New Fat Ethics.